Meet Our Partners
Agricultural producers, dairy organizations, and representatives from industry and government are masters at collaborating and work collectively to identify and adopt best practices that benefit and protect farmers, dairy herds, consumers and the Canadian dairy industry.
Within traceability, this might involve how data is collected and transferred, choosing identifiers (tags), connecting the links within the farming sector, cementing partnerships, delivering outstanding service to producers, and/or deciding how to best to automate.
Options for Everyone
Information exchange with partners provides convenient and efficient options for producers and affiliates at every link in the chain to record and report traceability events. Tracing solutions include on-line platforms, a mobile app, software, as well as traditional processes such as telephone and mail. Other partners, such as dairy breed associations and Lactanet field staff, can also assist. The information collected is then integrated into one seamless database.
Federal government body responsible for the National Livestock Identification and Traceability (TRACE) Program.
A federal government department who has provided financial support through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP). Lactanet Canada and Dairy Farmers of Canada would like to express their appreciation to AAFC.
- Responsible administrator for national dairy cattle traceability, through DairyTrace, as approved by CFIA.
- Offers software, tools and application solutions to record and report traceability data.
- Contracts Holstein Canada and Attestra to deliver bilingual customer service support and dairy cattle tag distribution.
Responsible for the traceability module of proAction® and federal government liaison.
- Direct provincial link to dairy producers across Canada.
- Delivers proAction® traceability training and education and be ambassadors of DairyTrace.
- Manages the validation/audit process and registration of farms related to proAction®.
- Records and reports dairy cattle traceability activity, including the sale and distribution of animal tags, automation tools and software solutions in Quebec.
- Bilingual customer services for SimpliTRACE and DairyTrace in Quebec.
- Manages dairy cattle traceability data in accordance with federal and provincial regulations for DairyTrace.
- Technical developer of the DairyTrace database, portal, mobile app and performs information transfer protocols with key stakeholders.
- Recordation and reporting of dairy cattle traceability activity, including the sale and distribution of tags, automation tools and software solutions in all provinces except Quebec.
- Bilingual customer services for DairyTrace and the DairyTrace Tag program in all provinces except Quebec.
Recordation and reporting of dairy cattle traceability activities from non-producer stakeholders outside of Quebec, with information transfer protocols to DairyTrace.
Appreciation to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada for funding through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP), a federal, provincial, and territorial initiative.
Explore Dairy Farmers of Canada
Responsible dairy farming is more than milking cows.